The Questionnaire XVI: The Sartorial Finn
1. Tell us briefly about yourself. What do you do and what is your
everyday life like?
My name is Johan, I’m 33 years old and I work in a data and analytics consultancy company where I’m responsible for one of our business areas. My everyday life is pretty normal, apart from maybe dressing up a bit more than the average guy.
2. How did you discover menswear and how did this journey begin?
I first started get into menswear in 2019 when I needed a new suit. A friend of mine told me I should try made to measure. As I had not tried MTM before I started reading about what I should consider when making my first MTM suit and got more interested in fabrics, construction and everything. Of course I did not listen to the advise I read and my first suit turned out quite bad so I wanted to make another one.. and another one and so on.. My instagram account I started a bit later and thought it would be a diary for me so I would see what combos I have worn and which I have liked and could wear again and which did not work. And of course I followed a lot of people for inspiration in IG too.
3. How would you describe your everyday style? Do you have any particular style that you love and stick to?
I would say that my style is maybe modern classic with casual elements. I do like a bit more fitted jackets and tapered legs on my trousers but still do like higher waisted trousers and longer jackets and I usually stick to pretty basic colors. Also my style has become a bit more casual in the last 6 months incorporating more jeans and crew neck shirts into rotation.
4. Your favourite piece of clothing?
At the moment I really love the ecru summer cord highwaisted trousers from Poszetka. I think thet are the perfect summer trousers in Finland and the high waist amd wider waistband are really nice details.
5. Your favourite, most worn pair of shoes?
A pair of black penny loafers from Myrqvist
6. The single favourite item in your wardrobe?
Such a hard question. If I had to pick only one maybe it would be my vintage Omega DeVille watch that I got from my father as a Christmas present. He bought it the same year I was born and later passed it on to me as a gift.
7. The garment that you have been dreaming of, but still have not acquired?
An off white linen suit. It looks so cool but is a bit unpractical in Finland.
8. Your biggest style icon and the biggest inspiration?
I’m a big fan of Gianni Agnellis style, as are probably many others too!
9. Tell us three of your favourite, most inspiring (menswear related) Instagram accounts.
10. What makes you like Poszetka.com the most?
The style of the Poszetka garments is very much the way I prefer my own clothes, classics with a modern twist. Also the quality-price ratio is superb!
11. Your favourite product from Poszetka.com range? What would you
recommend in particular?
As already mentioned previously, the ecru summer corduroy trousers are amazing!
12. What are your hobbies apart from your job and the menswear world?
I go to the gym to keep in shape and fit in my clothes. I also play a lot of padel. In the summer I love spending time in the archipelago and drive around to explore different islands by boat.