For the 8th episode, we give up on guests (just for a while) and talk to the newest member of our team, Jakub Ziółkowski, instead. Welcome!
Author: Mateusz Tryjanowski & Poszetka.com + Jakub Ziółkowski
1. Tell us briefly about yourself. What do you do and what is your everyday life like?
Hi! I've just finished moving from Warsaw to Cracow and now I am preparing to launch a... little surprise that will be announced soon, for the Poszetka's 10th birthday.
2. How did you discover menswear and how did this journey begin?
When I was born! My grandfather was a tailor, it's in my blood. But seriously - it all has begun almost 10 years ago, when I stumbled upon the first menswear blogs, particularly the one by Dawid Tymiński. Before that, I didn't really know how to begin, I thought that it was not for me - but then I've started trying.
3. How would you describe your everyday style? Do you have any particular style that you love and stick to?
Modern, minimalistic nostalgia. I often (more and more) refer to the 80's and 90's. My favourite colours are grey, blue, navy, brown and green. Recently, I've started reaching for black more often, for everyday wear. I think it's worth to finally abolish the myth that (in menswear) this colour is reserved only for funerals and formal wear.
4. Your favourite piece of clothing?
Jacket - this is the piece that gives a shape to our figure and if well-chosen, it can hide some weaks and emphasize the advantages of our body. At the time, it used to boost my self-confidence a lot!
5. Your favourite, most worn pair of shoes?
Black tassel loafers. Worn with white socks!
6. The single favourite item in your wardrobe?
I have a clear weakness for popover shirts. To every one I have. They are some of the most versatile and comfortable items in my wardrobe.
7. The garment that you have been dreaming of, but still have not acquired?
For years I've been dreaming of a double-breasted, shawl-collared, green velvet dinner jacket with 2x1 button closure. I definitely don't need it, but if I got it, I would be definitely looking for any occasion to wear it!
8. Your biggest style icon and the biggest inspiration?
I don't have really have one, I get inspired by many people. I try to get the most out of it and combine into my style.
9. Tell us three of your favourite, most inspiring (menswear related) Instagram accounts.
All Swedish: @flannels_and_tweed, @andreasweinas, @milad_abedi.
10. What makes you like Poszetka.com the most?
Well made products - that's obvious. However, there is one thing that matters more to me - unique atmosphere and sense of familiarity. There is no other company on the Polish menswear market that treats its employees and customers with such respect.
11. Your favourite product from Poszetka.com range? What would you recommend in particular?
Bóg Ojciec - Stań Się - pocket square with Stanisław Wyspiański's artwork. I've been a fan of his works for years and it has a symbolic character for me. The fabric it is made of has a nice matte hand, which combined with subdued colors makes it great for some less formal outfits.
12. What are your hobbies apart from your job and the menswear world?
Cars, mainly Italian, are my greatest passion. In addition, I'm interested in broadly understood design, mainly Polish. Recently, I have also been collecting English porcelain.
Thank you Jakub for the talk. It was a pleasure!
Photos: Poszetka.com, Mateusz Patalon for Jak Elegancko & Filip Tuchowski