Grenadine James Bond's tie
The new James Bond movie - SPECTRE premiere, is a good opportunity to have a closer look at grenadine ties. By the way, this is what was Sean Connery wearing in every Bond movie, the Goldfinger was an exception.
Grenadine is silk woven on special looms. Thanks to its rough texture, the light beautifully refracts on the tie, creating halftones and different variations of its matt surface.
Our offer includes two versions of weaves: the denser garza fina and more loose garza grossa. Delicate and unique tie for more and less formal occasions. Our Clients choose grenadine (also for bow-ties) in navy blue and burgundy for weddings, while the black ones can be worn in mourning ceremonies (as Sean Connery did in Thunderball in the opening funeral scene). For work sets, we recommend grenadine garza fina, narrower weave is less likely to tear.
Garza grossa grenadine:
- ?For Your Eyes Only", Roger Moore in gray flannel suit:
- "Diamonds are forever", Sean Connery wearing garza grossa
- "Thunderball", Sean Connery in the opening funeral scene, garza grossa grenadine:
- "From Russia with love", Sean Connery, blue navy garza grossa:
- "From Russia with love" Sean Connery, dark blue navy garza grossa
- "Dr.No", Sean Connery, ponadczasowa granatowa grenadyna garza grossa:
Image source: https://bamfstyle.files.wordpress.com, http://clothesonfilm.com
A few of our designs with grenadine are presented in the "style of the day", see more: http://www.poszetka.com/news.php?zone=2
Fabric imported from two weaving mills in Italy which were the only ones in the world using very old looms to produce this luxury version of silk. We sew traditionally here, in Poland. Currently we have supplemented the stock, you will find 17 versions of this type of tie http://www.poszetka.com/eng_m_TIES_Grenadine-200.html